Independent Research Firm Names EMC Greenplum as a Leader in Enterprise Hadoop Solutions
Evaluation Based on Current Offering, Strategy, and Market Presence
- Forrester Research, Inc. positions EMC® Greenplum® as a "Leader" in its February 2012 report, "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions Q1 2012"
- EMC Greenplum is named a leader for delivering a Hadoop solution within a strong enterprise data warehouse (EDW) portfolio.
- Forrester cites several strengths, including that EMC Greenplum is the first EDW vendor to provide a full-featured enterprise-grade Hadoop appliance and roll out an appliance family that integrates its Hadoop, EDW, and data integration in a single rack.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Forrester Research, Inc. has positioned EMC Greenplum as a Leader in its February 2012 report, "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions Q1 2012".
Forrester regards Hadoop as the nucleus of the next-generation EDW in the cloud stating, "Hadoop implements the core features that are at the heart of most modern EDWs: cloud-facing architectures, MPP, in-database analytics, mixed workload management, and a hybrid storage layer."
In recognizing EMC Greenplum as a Leader, Forrester notes that EMC Greenplum is the first mover in Hadoop appliances becoming "the first EDW vendor to provide a full-featured enterprise-grade Hadoop appliance and roll out an appliance family that integrates its Hadoop, EDW, and data integration in a single rack." The report also states that EMC Greenplum "provides its own open source Hadoop distribution software, integrates EMC's strong storage product portfolio in its appliances, and has an extensive professional services force of EMC technical consultants and data scientists with Hadoop expertise."
EMC's Hadoop offerings can be found in the Greenplum HD product line. Greenplum HD enables organizations to take advantage of Big Data analytics without the overhead and complexity of a project built from scratch. Available in a packaged software distribution as well as the Greenplum HD Data Computing Appliance Module, Greenplum HD provides a complete platform including installation, training, global support, and value-add beyond simple packaging of the Apache Hadoop distribution. Recently, the company announced that EMC Isilon® Scale-out NAS with HDFS, combined with Greenplum HD, delivers powerful data analytics on a flexible, highly-scalable and efficient storage platform. This new enterprise-ready solution combines scale-out NAS data storage and Hadoop analytics capabilities with services, training and certification, and customer support from a single vendor, ensuring a more seamless user experience. By combining EMC Isilon scale-out NAS with EMC Greenplum HD, EMC reduces the complexities associated with Hadoop deployments and allows enterprises to easily extract business value from unstructured data.
EMC Executive Quote:
Scott Yara, senior vice president of products, Greenplum, a division of EMC
"EMC Greenplum is at the center of Big Data and analytics. We recognize that Hadoop is an important component of a complete Big Data analytics platform that requires rapid execution of advanced, embedded analytics against structured and unstructured data. As a pioneer and leader in this space, we're proud to help our customers improve analytic productivity to drive more effective decision making and outcomes."
- Download the report: The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions Q1 2012
- Press Release: EMC Isilon is Industry's First Scale-Out NAS System with Native Hadoop Support
- Press Release: EMC Delivers Hadoop 'Big Data' Analytics to the Enterprise
- More on Greenplum HD
- Video: The Big Data Opportunity with Pat Gelsinger, President and COO of EMC
- Video: The Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform
- Press Release: EMC Drives Evolution of Big Data Analytics and Business Agility with Breakthrough Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Greenplum
О корпорации EMC
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Isilon and Greenplum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.